Home » Programs & Services
Programs & Services
It's About Childhood and Family Inc. offers a range of professional services directed towards strengthening the child, family system, and the larger community.
It's About Childhood and Family, Inc. strives to:
- Work collaboratively with parents, schools, and the community to effectively address the challenging behaviors of children and adolescents as an alternative to the use of medication.
- Empower children so that they are able to discover their strengths, find courage and purpose in their lives, and develop important skills in order to overcome the obstacles they may face.
- Provide guidance and support to parents so that they may better help themselves as well as their children to deal with the many challenges of daily living.
- Play & Individual Therapy
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Couple, Family & Group Therapy
- Parent Education
- Parent Support Groups
- Psychoeducational Assessments
- Consultations, Workshops, and Training Programs for Schools and other Community Agencies
- Family Matters
- Kids 4 Kids
- ADHD, ODD, CD
- Depression, Anxiety
- Effective Discipline
- Bullying / Cliques
- Peer Pressure
- Stress/Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
We offer a sliding scale. Families can "pay for" services by doing independent volunteer work in their community with the charity/organization of their choice. For example, local school, community center, hospital, homeless/food shelter. In addition, there is an option to do less volunteer hours and pay a low co-pay. Therefore, your support is truly private as no reports are sent to any Managed Care or Insurance Companies.